Meet the core team behind the Big Flip:
- Director, Producer & Editor IZZY CHAN
- Co-Producer & Photographer-in-Chief PAIGE GREEN
- Director of Photography KENT KESSINGER
- Editor EVA ILONA BRZESKI
- Supervising Editor VIVIEN HILLGROVE
- Story Consultant TOM SHEPARD
- Design & Innovation Lead JESSICA GATES of Pushup Consulting
- Art Director TYLER YOUNG at Young Nomad Brand
- Producer (in charge of festivals, fiscal sponsorship & grants) LILY NG
- Producer (in charge of talent and press relations) CAROLINE LARROUILH
- Community Manager & Content Strategist MARY ANNE BISHOP
- Contributing Writer Extraordinaire JANENE LIN
- Marketing, PR & Social Media Manager LAURA SCHNEIDER
- Music Director TED SAVARESE
Mentors, advisors and cheerleaders on our “Friends of the Big Flip” circle are:
- LISA JOY ROSNER, market-creating Silicon Valley CMO & Momaholic (4 kids in 4 years), baker and lover of yoga
- MONICA LAM, documentary and filmmaker, currently producer at KQED
- PAM SCOTT, founder of the Curious Company, board member of IDEO.org and the National Portrait Gallery, organic farmer
- MICK DIENER, filmmaker, direct response marketing veteran, yogi
- BEN MANGAN, micro-savings pioneer, Haas Business School Lecturer, Huffington Post blogger
- BARBARA MARK, Ph.D., executive coach, board member of Friends of the San Francisco Commission on the Status of Women
ABOUT CREATOR & DIRECTOR IZZY CHAN
Brought up in Hong Kong and Singapore, Izzy started writing and directing stage plays since Form 2 (equivalent of U.S. grade 8). From adaptations of Mary Poppins and Oscar Wilde to original pieces exploring the complicated hopes, dreams and fears of growing up at the end of Hong Kong’s colonial era, Izzy led her class and school to win numerous drama competitions.
Izzy wrote and directed her senior film project, SUGARED PEAS, at the School of Cinema-Television, University of Southern California. SUGARED PEAS was selected for screening at prestigious film festivals around the world before receiving distribution on a DVD compilation of shorts. After graduating Magna Cum Laude, Izzy built a successful career in advertising in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
THE TALE OF JOE B. NOLUK (1994). Cinematographer and editor. Winner in the 1996 CINE Golden Eagle Film & Video Competition. U.S.C. student film, 16mm film, B&W.
ASCENSION (1995). Cinematographer with Takashi Horie. U.S.C. senior student project, video.
SUGARED PEAS (1996). Writer and director. Official selection: Vancouver International Film Festival, Frameline (San Francisco), Image Out (Rochester, NY), Verzaubert (Tour of Berlin, Munich, Koln, Frankfurt), Mardi Gras (Sydney, Australia). Available on DVD compilation GIRLS’ VIEW (5 shorts; 2007), distributed by Atom Films and Village Lighthouse. U.S.C. senior student project, 16mm film, color.
LOVE IN SAN FRANCISCO (2010). Writer, director, cinematographer, editor. HD video.
ABOUT CO-PRODUCER & LEAD PHOTOGRAPHER PAIGE GREEN
Paige is a documentary and portrait photographer in Petaluma, California. Her storytelling approach to photography frequently addresses issues involving agriculture, land use, and food. She uses natural light, funky old cameras, as well as the latest digital ones, in order to tell the stories she photographs.
ABOUT DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY KENT KESSINGER
Kent is a documentary filmmaker and activist whose work covers a range of issues, from the stories of migrants who attempt to cross the “Devil’s Highway” in Nogales, to documenting the reactions in Oakland after the Mehserle’s Verdict. Kent’s currently finishing his documentary about intentional communities in America, “The Idiocratic Life.”
ABOUT DESIGN & INNOVATION LEAD JESSICA GATES
Jessica is an industrial designer who specializes in gender-optimized product design. And by that she means creating better products for women. Jess began her career working on Disney Princess electronics, where she made it her mission to design more meaningful alarm clocks and phones for the often mystifying ‘tween market. From there, she worked as a designer for Fox Racing and Williams-Sonoma, creating race gear and best-selling products for every nook and cranny of the home.
ABOUT ART DIRECTOR TYLER YOUNG
With an artist’s eye and a strategist’s brain Tyler is a natural born multi-disciplinarian (if that’s even a word). Having seen the advantages of working outside the traditional agency structure early on, he’s also a living testament to the fact that smaller groups can have a big impact. His extensive work in the social and environmental sustainability space has been praised not only for its creativity but its significant contribution to the common good.